Thursday, October 15, 2009

70

Wow, only 70 days of the island life left for us!! We leave Oahu Christmas Eve on a lovely overnight flight and get into Texas Christmas Day night. I know the next little over 2 months are going to ZOOM by!! We have lots of stuff to sell and get rid of before then. But in the mean time, here's some things that have been going on w/ us...

Sam just returned Tuesday from a 13 day soccer road trip in Arizona and mostly California. Their team was 2-2-1 on the road. Their team did pretty good overall and Sam was able to score 2 goals and had a throw in which resulted in another goal! He was named one of the PacWest Top Ten Honorees for the week! Check it out: http://www.pacificwestsports.org/sports/msoc/2009/news/PacWest_Press_Release_-_Mens_Soccer_-_Oct_12_2009
I'm so proud of him! He had a good time on the trip and I was excited for him to come back home. I made a lil' welcome home sign for him. Sam has been pretty sick :( and super busy since he's been home that I haven't gotten a chance to snap a pic w/ him and the sign yet.

We're excited for Halloween and have been decorating our apartment all up for it. Here's just a lil tidbit below.

So, Sam decided we needed to start a new tradition and every October/Halloween we need to make caramel apples, sounded good to me! This is the first batch we made the night he came home. Pretty good stuff! We're still trying to master the technique, if you can't tell, haha. I think we'll be making another batch or two the rest of this month. ;)

I just love this time of year, and especially Halloween! It's a holiday for just pure fun, and I'm all about that! Although it doesn't feel like the Fall that I'm used to, I think I'll take the sunny weather and soak up the rays at the beach while I still can!


1 comment:

Mike and Jamie's Ohana said...

Hey, did you go private or something. It's not showing up that you did another post. Anyway, it's less than 70 days at this point. Keep doing some research on what you want to do before you leave and we'll go and try do it- if I don't chicken out on something like a shark encounter!