Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Workin' Folk

We're headin' to the southwest! About 45 mins. from the house I grew up in we've landed ourselves jobs in a 4A-sized ISD. Sam is teaching 9th grade Alegbra and coaching football and soccer and I am the 9th Grade Center's Budget Secretary. I'm excited for the change and ready to work! We're actually going to be working at the same school, crazy huh. I love the area. More countrified and a tad bit out of the metroplex...but not too far. ;) Plus we'll be uber close to my oldest brother who lives out here too...in fact, we had a nice network for the jobs from her because she works in the Administration Building for the ISD. So true rings the adage, "It's not what you know but who you know."

.....and have I mentioned how much I love being back in Texas? =)

3 comments:

Josh and Allayna McCann said...

I LOVE THIS and Im so happy for you guys!!! Sam sounds like he's gonna be a busy man! Congrats on the jobs! I love you guys and miss you tons!

Kerri said...

Whoa, Texas! How exciting! It will be so nice for you to live close to family again. I wish I could come visit. Texas is one place I could imagine myself living. Congrats on getting jobs!!

Elizabeth said...

Thanks guys!!

Kerri - I would love for you to come visit anytime too!! Haha, and I would DIE to come visit you too in your ethereal Alaska!