
I love Texas. I think anyone can pretty much say they love their home state, or if not, it's at least "home." After being away for 3 years, I can't even begin to describe the feeling it is to back home and to know I get to stay!!! Just driving all around the area it seems like there's so so so many memories no matter where I am, the good, the bad, the funny, the heart-breaking, the adventerous, and the life-changing. It's like that country song by Miranda Lambert, "The House that Built Me," couldn't be more true, except my parents still live in the same house that I was born in. It's funny because Sam has even noticed the change in me since we've been back. He said, "It's the same Elizabeth I fell in love with." Hope that doesn't mean I was a terror while we were away ;o). Despite the frustrations of not knowing the future or where life will take us, I'm loving every minute of this crazy, unstable, spontaneous, young life we've created together. I've learned to embrace the hardship and not wait for your life to start because you're in the middle of it right now. I think that's one thing I've especially learned since being married. Just adding the facts of life to a Texas setting makes it a bit more sweeter. =)
1 comment:
I love this and can DEFINATELY attest to this! Can't wait to see you soon, LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment