Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Stateline Hike

Yesterday we went on the Stateline hike w/ three of Sam's friends who were visiting for spring break. It was such a pretty hike and I got to view the lake as I had been hoping to. I'm excited to do it again when all the snow has finally melted. Nothing like this Texas girl trying to hike it uphill in snow, ha! It was good for Bishop too. He finally got a little bit of socialization with other dogs along the trail and is getting baby steps closer to being more comfortable w/ other dogs. I wasn't quite in the mood for a hike earlier in the day but am super happy I went and actually really, really like this hike. Now, melt snow!


This is the CalNeva resort where the actual Cal/Nevada stateline runs through. It's where that big bend is between the states as Cal slopes out and Nevada slopes in....if that makes sense.

Ontop of the stateline!


Okay, so I was really scared the whole time Sam and his friend Matt were playing Pride Rock Simba w/ Bishop but kept my mouth shout. Now, I think it's pretty hilarious.



4 comments:

kerri said...

whoa, that looks like a cool hike, what pretty views!

Josh and Allayna McCann said...

Haha, OMG that Simba thing would have freaked me out! haha, "SIMMBAHHH" Bishop is probably like, "what the crap are you doing to me?"

Elizabeth said...

Haha, I know poor pup!! You should have seen the pic I took of him right after he was put down! He's like parked in between our legs and won't move....hopefully we didn't traumatize him for life!

vakinaka said...

Love the pics. Looks like fun. Bishop is looking like he's really enjoying himself. We miss the Lake and wish we could spend lots more time there. Maybe someday....
Aloha Pops